How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Trying to file a class action suit, for companys charging me

Customer Question

trying to file a class action suit, for companys charging me for the cook county soda tax when I didnt buy any soda.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: illinois
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I m not sure
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes there are numerous incidents and there are many people involved
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

1) What state is this in?

2) Did you file in state or federal court?

3) What can I answer for you about this? For example, what motion do I file to attempt a class action classification? What would I have to prove? Etc?