Tina, Do I have to submit any papers about the house that I…

Customer Question
Do I have to...

Do I have to submit any papers about the house that I am paying the mortgage for at the same time when I file for divorce

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I will represent my self

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 11 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am afraid that Tina has not been online for some time.

To answer your question:

1) There is nothing that needs to be filed with the mortgage company. However,

2) Depending on the state and local rules, you may have to file a financial information sheet, which INCLUDES a statement about what you seek from the community estate (which includes the home, perhaps), and, community/separate assets (which would mention the home).

If you tell me what county/state this is in, I can be more specific.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.