I have a question regarding a timeshare foreclosure and

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question regarding a timeshare foreclosure and subsequent lawsuit.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?

This was filed in the state of Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes I received the summons, there are numerous accounts that I am a part of the lawsuit

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, in the body of the document, it states that No deficiency or personal liability is sought against the Defendant. Not sure what this statement means for me.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/11/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Are you the defendant in the case?

one of them

Great thanks! Just a moment...Remember, if you get an automatic phone call request and you would not like a phone call, you’re welcome to reject the offer.

No I do not want a live phone call at this time.
Where exactly is the answer to my question?

Hi, I haven’t forgotten about you. I’m just wrapping up with another customer and I will be with you shortly.

Thank you very much for your patience. I'm very sorry for the delay. Where it says that there is no deficiency or personal liability sought against the defendant, all that means is that this is a non-recourse judgment. If you default on the loan, the lender can only recover the home itself and can’t come after you personally. They may be able to collect on the remaining debt, but they cannot otherwise bring a separate lawsuit.