Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

How do you file for default in a court case?

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just email me please.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Email only

Great thanks! Just a moment...Remember, if you get an automatic phone call request and you would not like a phone call, you’re welcome to reject the offer.

So, OH Civil Rule 55 allows you to file a motion for default. All you need to do is fill out the appropriate form and file it in the court where the action is being heard. If you click here, you can see a copy of the motion for default for Franklin County. It's super simple and the request will got to the judge who will either approve or deny the default.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.