Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Y, Springfield, ohio. Yes, I need help these people took my

Y
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Springfield , ohio.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need help these people took my will. And their is no proof of what the doctors are calling me. Their call me mentally ill. I filed a case. I need to know about the 12 bars and I need some one the tell me about filing for default.

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please put your question into context so that I understand what you're talking about. What 12 bars? What default? What happened?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
People are trying to label me mentally ill. In Springfield I filed a case. Now I need to file for default.
Also I need to know about the 12 bars of law. Can you help me please.?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Email please.

I don't know what you mean by the 12 bars of law. That phrase is not a legal term I have ever heard before. Can you explain? What was the nature of the case you filed? Why do you believe you're entitled to a default judgement?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Email please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm Springfield Ohio at the common pleas court I have to wait 28 days before I can file for default. I been more than 28 days. 12bars is what law is build upon. Lawyers go to school to learn the 12 bars. These people are calling me mentally ill. That is the nature of my open case.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
there is no proof of this illness

US law was built on British Common Law. I have never heard of the 12 bars, and I"ve been a practicing lawyer since 1988. I will opt out of this for another expert who may be able to better assist you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, as your previous contributor had to leave.

There is no such legal principle as the "12 bars of law," I do not know where you heard this term, but it is not one used or recognized in US law or under OH law. The laws in OH are based on the common law which comes from the UK initially, but it is also based on OH statutory law primarily now.

If you filed a suit and the defendant has not responded, you now have to file a motion for default judgment for failure to answer the suit. Here is a sample of the motion for default, but you must modify it to reflect the correct county and court you have your suit filed in. (Copy and paste the link to your browser, do not click on it): http://lawlibrary.franklincountyohio.gov/assets/forms/civil/Motion-Default-Judgment-56.pdf

When you file the default motion, you must send a copy to the defendant and they have an opportunity to respond. If they fail to respond, the court would award you judgment by default.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law