Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

I keep hearing that a person under 4'11" is able to get a

Customer Question

I keep hearing that a person under 4'11" is able to get a handicap placard or plate, is that true and does it apply to all states?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Neveda
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Generally, you are able to get a placard if the height of the person is connected to a documented disability. For instance, a person that is under 4’11” may have dwarfism, which is a known disability and causes other issues besides just being short (such as cranial issues, bone issues, and other health related things that make leading a normal life more challenging). Thus, being very short itself doesn’t qualify unless it’s consistent with a different diagnosis.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.