My dad passed away at 12:02am on Friday September 8, 2017…

Customer Question
My dad passed away...

My dad passed away at 12:02am on Friday September 8, 2017 and the doctor who pronounced him dead contacted medical examiner who passed on doing an autopsy. Now I am having to come up with $2500 out of pocket that I don't have at this time. Is there anyway to have to hospital/corner perform an autopsy now. The family was never asked if we wanted one done. And we never got to speak with or see a doctor. It was not natural causes. Please help me if you can.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas. Dad was at Clear Lake Regional Hospital

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The doctor rushed the death paperwork through and now will not return calls. A private autopsy is $2500

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My dad had a hernia operation in 2015 the mesh used did not hold. My dad's small intestine was blocked and tangled by hernia. The doctor told my dad no sudden movement and to push the hernia back in on his own if it came out. They gave My dad medicine orally knowing he would throw up. Dad's pacemaker company had to contact nurses station to let them know his peacemaker went off. Dad was not hooked up to any heart machine, room he was in was video monitored by video recorrecording, but no nurse noticed him throwing up. They could have done hernia surgery on Tuesday or Wednesday but instead scheduled it for 2pm on 9-8-17 but he died at 12:08am.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/11/2017
Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your father last Friday. What you describe indicates a possible malpractice against both the doctor and hospital. great deal might depend upon the cause of death that the doctor shows on the final reports. A medical malpractice attorney should be contacted is quickly as possible so that the hospital records can be obtained. The attorney can tell you whether or not it is necessary to have an autopsy performed, and if it is possible to obtain one without having to pay that fee.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If so, a 5 star rating is hoped for. Please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? If not, please don't forget to enter a rating (hopefully ‘Five Star’) by clicking one of the boxes at the top of this reply. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.