My husband left the scene of accident. It took video of the…

Customer Question
My husband left the...

My husband left the scene of accident. It took video of the accident, and the other driver was arguing, so he left. what should he do? it was in paterson nj

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed? If so, what?

Nothing was filed

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The other driver said she was going to call the police, I honestly do not know if she did. She was bringing other individuals from her family in the situation, so my husband left. My husband was at a stop sign and she was parking her car, and hit his car.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you know who owns the lot?

It was her front bumper, and his back fender and door, on the right hand side of the car. the state is New jersey

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/11/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 11 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
From what you mentioned he is not likely to have issues as the driver appears to be at fault. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement! Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
should i report the accident to my insurance company, or go the police station to file a report
I would report to the insurer.
Good luck.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Awaiting your reply, thank you!