Contact me Monday morning!!! I belive I am being scammed by…

Customer Question
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE contact...

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE contact me Monday morning!!! I belive I am being scammed by these people and I NEED HELP A.S.A.P!!! They claim to be from the National Health Institute in Bakersfield CA. I want to go back to school and I have talked to many people offering to help with grant money. These people offered me free government grant money if I pay the taxes, but they want the money sent on Pay Pal cards. I sent them some money until I found out the receiver of these purchased cards can only use them to buy computers or other online products. They said they have contracts with Google and Apple to do this. They will not return my money and say I have limited time to receive the grant and send the rest of the tax fees, HELP!!!

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California...

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

There is no manufacurer...

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is there really such a government grant that requires taxes up front, or have I been scammed and where do I go for help???

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
9/11/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 9 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Awaiting your reply, thank you!