Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My in laws r trying to have me served with papers what

Customer Question

My in laws r trying to have me served with papers what exactly does it mean once those papers are in my hand.they took my child and says that papers are for them to take her to doctor.I'm on bond already.need help
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes they are trying to serve me papers.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm on bond for attempt charge fui.but child wasn't in my care.was with the in laws for a week
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. The person of being served, is to place a party on notice, that they need to answer/respond to a cause of action / case, which has been filed in a court of law. The summons should contain a time in which a response needs to be filed and/or a date to appear, as well. The clock starts to run to respond, once you are served and the papers should also state what they are seeking/wanting. if they have your child, it could be to obtain temporary custody / guardianship of the child and allow them to make decisions and act on her behalf.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!