Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

My husband has one month being detained with I.C.E and still

Customer Question

Hello my husband has one month being detained with I.C.E and still don't have answer's if he will be deported, my question is I have a three month old baby and I wanted to get his passport out just incase of a emegency, what kind of proof do I need to get my child passport ?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I haven't .
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I want to also ask a few questions about his case?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. I'm very sorry to hear about that situation. However, it is still possible for you to be able to get a passport for your child even if the other parent cannot show up. generally, I noticed to get a passport for a child, you're going to need the consent of both parents. however, the Department of State allows for some exceptions for this. You just have to fill out some forms and have it approved. I would list all of the forms and other things that you would need in that event, But I believe that it would make more sense if you just click here and in looking at the necessary requirements.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
One more question my husband has court October 10th for an appeal? I am a U.S Citizen and also his children are U.S.Citizens is there a possibility that he will get deported?

I certainly understand. It is possible that he would get deported. Did he commit any crime at all? Or was he detained just for his citizenship status?