Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am enquiring about child support laws, It is a court order

Customer Question

I am enquiring about child support laws
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: It is a court order from New York City, Bronx county, but i live in colorado
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I have recently been medically discharge from the military and will no longer be able to meet the court mandated order. want some advice if possible before I make the decision to get a lawyer
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that I just want the order to get modify until I can find employment. I will be receiving VA benefits/pay but not till next month. I am also worry that they may try to go after my wife's funds if I can not pay
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

If you receive an email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

I read your facts, is there a specific question with which I can assist?

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

I am about to go offline for the evening. I may get a chance to check back in or I may not. Regardless, I will be back online tomorrow morning so if you have any follow up questions please ask them in this thread and I will answer them as soon as I see them. If you haven't issued a Positive Rating your I would encourage you to do so now. Issuing a Positive Rating will prevent the question from timing out and closing and will lock it open so it can be accessed and the Q and A can continue at any time from this evening or even a year or more from now.