Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Last evening I signed the paperwork for a lease vehicle. I

Customer Question
Last evening I signed the...
Last evening I signed the paperwork for a lease vehicle. I have not made any down payment nor have I taken possession of the vehicle. I live in Massachusetts. After careful consideration I realized that I was highly pressured to sign these papers, and that It is not a good option for me at this time.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: it is a 2016 Altima. The state is Massachusetts
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: It was very late yesterday afternoon, and today is Sunday. I hope that they have been unable to file the paperwork as yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that it was a very high pressure situation, and that I was told that because I put 5000 down on the vehicle that I presently own which was bought used that I would not have to pay any more to renegotiate the lease in three years at the same price $129.00 per month. After having time to consider this, I believe that as a new car I would be losing about $5000. equity after driving it off the lot.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/10/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
Are you asking if you can cancel?
Was any bank financing involved? Did you sign over title to a trade in?
Please continue online
Are you asking if you can cancel?

Are you still online with me?

Tina, Lawyer