I was given a verbal coaching for being "disrespectful" to…

Customer Question
I was given a verbal...
I was given a verbal coaching for being "disrespectful" to my pharmacist. I had apologized to him not realizing he was taking me seriously (we have always joked around) and told him I had been off my Prozac for a few weeks because I missed my appointment and had also been off of my ADHD meds. I also told Him a day before the coaching that I had scrounged up money to make an appointment with my therapist because although he accepted my apology he still seemed upset and I wanted to seek my therapists help for me to understand my behavior off medications as I am a lot of the time misunderstood.. My apologies were witnessed and were engaged in conversation by a current employee that knew my apologies and intentions were not to be interpreted badly. Two days passed and felt everything was ok and my issues during that week before my Rph wrote me up were due to my grandmothers declining health. The day of the coaching when I arrived to work I had been in tears as I found my grandmothers health took a severe turn from a falling accident.i was summoned by him and an assistant manager to the back room where I was still visibly upset to talk about the "disrespectful" behavior earlier In week. Mind you he accepted my apology and said he understood. I also told the assistant manager that being in the healthcare field thought he would understand the issues that arise being off Prozac but was still
In shock And listened to Rph verbal
Recount of situation and what stands out most was his "just wait and see what happens". Threatening words. The manager mentioned to him he needs to learn how to use his words and not be threatening" . At this time already being emotionally distraught, I mentioned to the assistant manager that if he is supposed to be a manager he should Act as one. Example... going to dinner, movies, Disneyland, planning a Halloween Disneyland excursion etc, with pharmacy techs is inappropriate and other techs have mentioned to me when they talked about this post write up that the tech the Rph plans things with does way worse things than me acting out and being emotional. The other tech that the Rph I am referring to puts empty lids or vials in the pockets of the Rph
And treats others poorly. I had accepted the write up as my grandmother passed two days after the write up and have been with this company for almost 8 years and never had any Rph respond to me this way. But my reason for contacting is today..
In front of the Rph That wrote me up I had a fellow coworker that exploded on me when all I tried to do was not get her written up. She yelled at me and had earlier yelled at a patient about their amount of refills remaining because she misunderstood the system and said to the patient "listen to me!!" And had to have the call transferred to Rph because of her behavior (which in 8 years never had complaints on my service). My Rph when the other tech was confronting me said "oh I think she is just going through a lot right now" and I just went quiet. It hasn't even been a month since I buried my grandma and I was the one that covered her and took her on her last vehicle on earth as the mortician was alone on a Saturday night and I very well could not have let my mom do this... and my Rph knows this. He was so quick to write me up but the tech I'm referring to is mean, gets constant complaints with her behavior and today's example with her misunderstanding and treating the patient like crap isn't even reprimanded. But since she can make me cry and attack me personally and even Rph apologized to me saying that he felt bad he had dismissed my loss is just a joke!!!
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/10/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Is he treating you differently based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin?

Tina, Lawyer