How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33938
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a medical malpractice question, Pennsylvania, and I

Customer Question

I have a medical malpractice question
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?
Customer: Pennsylvania, and I have some medical records
JA: Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: I sent a complaint to the State Board of Medicine
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Is there a specific question with which I can assist?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My mother, 78 years old, extensive medical history of a-fib and blood clots. She recently suffered an Acute Embolic Stroke. Medical records support medical negligence from her family doctor and the hospital. Can a write a letter to her family doctor expressing what happen and giving supporting evidence.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

I don't know what you mean by "Can a write a letter to her family doctor expressing what happen and giving supporting evidence." Can you please rephrase it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I mean informing her family doctor of there negligence and the intent to file a medical malpractice lawsuit.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Certainly you can write the letter although I'm not sure why you would want to notify the family physician of your intent. I wouldn't think there was anything to gain by that and some doctors will stop seeing patients if they know you are involve in a lawsuit with another doctor. However the law certainly doesn't forbid you or restrict you in any way from writing a letter like that should you choose to do so.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

I am about to go offline for the evening. I will be back online tomorrow so if you have any follow up questions please ask them in this thread and I will answer them as soon as I see them. If you haven't issued a Positive Rating yet I would encourage you to do so now. Issuing a Positive Rating will prevent the question from timing out and closing and will lock it open so it can be accessed and the Q and A can continue at any time from this evening or even a year or more from now.