Can I add a plaintiff to my civil case calif, Ask Legal

Customer Question
Can I add a...

Can I add a plaintiff to my civil case calif

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ask Legal Questions Law
Connect one-on-one with a lawyer who will answer your question
Contact Us
Not a Law Question?1
Ask your question
A lawyer usually responds in minutes.
2
Connect with a lawyer
Licensed professionals confirmed by a third-party verification firm.
3
Talk 1-on-1 online
Receive the lawyer's answer and ask follow-up questions if needed.Tina, Lawyer
JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Pearl Wilson, Lawyer's Assistant
Welcome! How can I help with your legal question?
You

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Filed Jan 7, 2016

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Discovery still ongoing

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/9/2017
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Just to clarify: are you just asking if you can add a plaintiff to your civil case while it is in the discovery phase?

Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago
The process is quite simple. It is referred to as an interpleader.
I had written California at the beginning
NO! I just want a simple answer
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago

I am not sure what you are looking for.

I did provide a simple answer. Adding another party to the case is known interpleading.

Can you please clarify what additional information you need or what you need me to make simpler?

WHAT IS THE STATUE OF LIMITATIONS TO ADD ANOTHER PLAINTIFF
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE DATE TO ADD A PLAINTIFF. iS IT ?YEARS FROM DATE OF INJURY OR ? YEARS FROM DATE THAT THE COMPLAINT WAS FILED.
THANX
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago

I'm sorry. I do not believe that I can assist you. I will opt-out and allow another expert to assist you.

Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

Hello Sir/Madam. The problem that we have with questions that do not present the facts, is that the answers will almost always be wrong when the answer facts are finally made known. It would be very helpful if you told me why you wish to add an additional plaintiff. how many people were injured in the accident, besides yourself? Is it one of those people who you are trying to add as a plaintiff? the statute of limitations for joining any action of that type would be from the date of the injury, not the date that the complaint was filed.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If so, a 5 star rating is hoped for. Please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.