Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My grandson who has no money needs an attorney as he was

Customer Question
arrested for DUI on Monday...
My grandson who has no money needs an attorney as he was arrested for DUI on Monday and is in jail. He and I also need one who does handle forfeiture of cars. I added myself as I co-signed and have been making payments for a long time for him; thus I will be penalized more than him as I will have to pay it off and I don't have money either.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: ok
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Elk River, MN and about 1am on Sept. 4 He was in Elk River jail and was transferred Buffalo, MN
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No as I have no idea who to see. Have not used an attorney for years
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is not his first DUI but I don't know how many he has had. I am more concerned with the car
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/9/2017
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Michael Bradley

was he granted bail or bond yet?

what is the status if the car now?

He was told $20,000. bond and I didn't post it . The car is in police impound in Elk River
At the ;moment I prefer email.
I believe he will get time but I basically want the car since I am paying for it.
$10,000. is owed on car yet and if they take it and I have to pay for it I am not sure where I will get the $$. He isn't a kid any more, he is 36 and won't have job or anything. I will borrow from relatives for lawyer fee to help me
That about sums it up right now
He has court date Wed 9/13 in Elk River

it is saying payment failed if you still want the call

call the police department to make sure that the car has been release from custody

I would guess it will be

if he cannot afford an attorney then he can qualify for the public defender

if you can not afford the car then I would take steps to turn it in

they will sell it at auction and if anything still owed you both would be responsible

not great but better then making the payment

Tried to pay $59 for phone call and it said my card must not be current. It is new this week. Do need help and want to talk to lawyer

do you have paypal account

saying payment failed

do you have email

Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Lawyer