Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Do you always have to file a Motion to Approve Additional

Customer Question

Do you always have to file a Motion to Approve Additional GAL fees or is one ti me enough?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Alabama
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I am a lawyer, but judge wants an additional order of prior approved GAL fees.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had filed a Motion for Additional GAL fees and former judge approved it. Prior to the closing of the case filed a sworn affidavit as to my fees. Judge is still not satisfied.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 1 month ago.
Normally one files more than one motion. The motions are interim motions for fees and the last one is the final one. Of course one can wait and file just one. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.