Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was online in a store to pay for my grocery.the cart was

Customer Question

Good morning.i was online in a store to pay for my grocery.the cart was full so I placed a few items on top of my perception and got online.the clerc came and accused me of shopping..I never made it to the rgister where I was going to pay for 300.oo dollars of groceries and a fee cash but I was arrested for shopping anyway and third offence
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: South carolina
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes my brother in law had pills in a Ziploc bag.he had the same pills in a bottle in his pocket but they carged me with association.my husband was there and wasn't charged.they arrested him for shop lifting even though they didn't find anything on him and told my 12 year old son they where gonna put him in foster care
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me what your question is?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Since my brother in-law had the same pills in one bottle and a bag of them in his arm rest can the still charge me for it.and since my husband wasn't found with anything isn't that wrongful arrest and can be sued.as for the groceries the cart was full so I put some items on top of my purse with was wide open.and they said one of the items I tried to steel they gave back.the hat

One moment please...

What were these pills? Did he have a prescription? Or do you mean that they were also (allegedly) shoplifted?

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?