This is embarrassing I am a fifty seven year old woman who…

Customer Question
This is embarrassing I...

This is embarrassing I am a fifty seven year old woman who finally got her two year relationship ended. He was a nice man until he became a really bad alcoholic. He had lost his job was caught on a dui and has a blow and go. I gave him one thousand dollars to help cover a hotel until he found a place to live. He contacted me tonight and said some nasty things. Then things got worse he wants more money. In so many words he said he will just go to the cops and tell them I buy drugs off of someone if I don't give him more Monty. Will cops believe such a lie?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

I broke up with him two months ago. I hadn't a word for the last weeks so I thought maybe he had left the area. I heard from him two hours ago. I live in WV. I am just stunned

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

At the ginning of this I did because the texts were so awful but I was told to not block him so he would have an opportunity to get his belongings

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/9/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 11 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

If he is threatening your--that is, if your safety is at risk, then you need to go to the Police and file complaint against him.

As for the threats to go to the Police about your alleged drug habits, Police are not going to believe him without concrete evidence. In any event, you cannot be arrested based on his words ONLY.

Best wishes,