How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19641
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This is embarrassing I am a fifty seven year old woman who

Customer Question

This is embarrassing I am a fifty seven year old woman who finally got her two year relationship ended. He was a nice man until he became a really bad alcoholic. He had lost his job was caught on a dui and has a blow and go. I gave him one thousand dollars to help cover a hotel until he found a place to live. He contacted me tonight and said some nasty things. Then things got worse he wants more money. In so many words he said he will just go to the cops and tell them I buy drugs off of someone if I don't give him more Monty. Will cops believe such a lie?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: I broke up with him two months ago. I hadn't a word for the last weeks so I thought maybe he had left the area. I heard from him two hours ago. I live in WV. I am just stunned
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: At the ginning of this I did because the texts were so awful but I was told to not block him so he would have an opportunity to get his belongings
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

If he is threatening your--that is, if your safety is at risk, then you need to go to the Police and file complaint against him.

As for the threats to go to the Police about your alleged drug habits, Police are not going to believe him without concrete evidence. In any event, you cannot be arrested based on his words ONLY.

Best wishes,