Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I'm being investigated by he comptroller of state after a

Customer Question

I'm being investigated by he comptroller of state after a completion an internal audit from child's school (I served as a Parent Teacher Organization President). What rights do I have and/or what type of an attorney should I seek?
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: TN
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: During the audit I complied with the recommendations however each time I disclose details information or completed the recommendation, it seemed like I had to do something else and I'm being introduced to other people. There have been mailed sent to the school that contained bank statements and/or invoices that I never received but today it was introduced as evidence. Also, our PTO and School shared some external accounts that have outstanding balances that I'm responsible for and the school doesn't want to pay.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

How complex are the organization's finances? How much money are they saying you were responsible for managing? is there a claim that money is missing or that there were improper expenditures of funds?