My daughter wad an athlete at a college, an international…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, my daughter...

Hi Pearl, my daughter wad an athlete at a college, an international student. She was suffered discrimination ect from coach, we reported this to college, there is now a Title IX being filed. coming from Australia we do not have this, What is Title ix

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Report will be filed Monday investigation been going for 2.5 weeks

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just wanting to know what Title IX and what will happen

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/9/2017
Lawyer: Sydney-Lawyer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Sydney-Lawyer

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

I am not sure what you mean.

Is she still in Australia?

I was hoping to speak to USA lawyer, title ix is US law

Ok I will opt out and have it moved to a US lawyer

Please be patient

Regards

Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 11 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to Justanswer! I will be further assisting you with your post

Title IX deals with sex discrimination in education programs. "Title IX protects people from discrimination based on sex in education programs or activities that receive Federal financial assistance. Title IX states that:

No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance." So, if your daughter is being denied a spot in the athletic program because of her sex in a school that receives federal government assistance, then she would have a Title IX claim. For more information, click here.

Best wishes,