My ex gave me a check wrote out to cash can cash if without…

Customer Question
My ex gave me...

My ex gave me a check wrote out to cash can cash if without breaking the law it a company check that she wanted me to obtain illegal drug its sghned by the owner

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Don't know yet havnt tried cashing it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/9/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 11 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question. One is entitled to accept such a check but it cannot be used to engage in illegal conduct nor can it be obtained from the sale of illegal drugs. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.