I wanted to know if my license was suspended if I could

Customer Question
I wanted to know...

I wanted to know if my license was suspended if I could obtain one in GA

Lawyer's Assistant: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?

My license is from FL but I got the ticket in NYC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

But I live in GA

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What u mean filed or reported ?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/8/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Probably not. Although neither Florida nor New York will notify Georgia directly, since Georgia does not belong to the Interstate Driver's Compact, your suspension will still be in the national driver's database to which the Georgia DMV has access. If they check the database before issuing you a license, which they are supposed to do, they will find the suspension and deny you the license.

Additionally, all applications for drivers licenses ask you to disclose your suspensions. They also require you to turn in your previous license. You could lie on the application, of course, but I wouldn't recommend it. It is a felony charge and if you're caught, you will be prosecuted.

The odds of getting caught are greater than you could imagine in the age of the internet. All of the information is centralized these days.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney