Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I enter into a contract on a home in North Carolina and was

Customer Question

I enter into a contract on a home in North Carolina and was supposed to close next week however the builder placed a well right in the way of my path of travel for my motorhome. They insist that the City of Stanley made them place it there however it rendered the home useless to me in that it was my plan all along to put my motorhome there. I even paid for options to accommodate my motorhome. Now they are refusing to give me back any of the deposit money I put on the home which totals about 5k. Do I have a chance of getting anything back or am I just out the money?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the RV?
Customer: North Carolina the RV is a 2007
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Was the site plan included as part of the contract?

Did it require your approval to make changes, such as relocating a well?