Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

During this summer I received a traffic citation in florida

Customer Question
Hello. During this summer I...
Hello. During this summer I received a traffic citation in florida (sumter county) for speeding 20mph above at 90 in a 70 zone. I am a college student and went to work in NYC over the summer, and sent my envelope to the court with the following: 1. a letter with my affidavit to elect traffic school. 2. a money order for the total amount of the ticket. I had thought that this had been cleared, but just now I check to see if this was resolved online and it shows that my payment was "unacceptable" and that my drivers license is now suspended.
JA: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: I'm not sure
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/8/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 2 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

HI. Thank you.
Hello. No thank you.

Good evening. In a situation like this, a motion would need to be filed, asking that the suspension be lifted and when it is, ask that the case be reset and you would need to obtain a D-6 clearance, so you can reinstate your license, as it is a traffic criminal offense, to drive on it. The easiest thing to do is going to be to retain a traffic ticket defense attorney, who can handle this for you and handle the ticket, so you do not need to appear on your own or file the paper work either and get your license reinstated, as soon as possible.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Tina, Lawyer