How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I obtain a letter to have a company stop receiving

Customer Question

How can I obtain a letter to have a company stop receiving mail on my company's behalf and forwarding to an unauthorized mailing address?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: The mail is being received in Illinois. I am physically located in AL, which is where it should be going.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes verbally. I have told this mail center that I want my mail to go to the address that is on the contract that I signed and they agreed to. They told me I would not. So, every week my mail keeps going to this location and then is sent to another location.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There are some specifics in this circumstance that I think would play a part, but I am wondering what is my recourse. I own a company who's mail is going to an address that I have no control over.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 1 month ago.
Have you sent a certified letter stating just that or considered a lawyer letter? and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 1 month ago.
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.