How can I obtain a letter to have a company stop receiving…

Customer Question
How can I obtain...

How can I obtain a letter to have a company stop receiving mail on my company's behalf and forwarding to an unauthorized mailing address?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

The mail is being received in Illinois. I am physically located in AL, which is where it should be going.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes verbally. I have told this mail center that I want my mail to go to the address that is on the contract that I signed and they agreed to. They told me I would not. So, every week my mail keeps going to this location and then is sent to another location.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There are some specifics in this circumstance that I think would play a part, but I am wondering what is my recourse. I own a company who's mail is going to an address that I have no control over.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/8/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 11 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Have you sent a certified letter stating just that or considered a lawyer letter? martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.