Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I LIVE IN COUNTY, MO. THE COUNTY ATTORNEY,JAQUELINE SOMMERS

Customer Question

i LIVE IN JACKSON COUNTY, MO. THE COUNTY ATTORNEY,JAQUELINE SOMMERS MADE COMPLAINT TO BANKRUPTCY JUDGE I’M FILING INAPPROPRIATELY WHICH LED TO ME BEING CHARGED WITH BANKRUPTCY FRAUD
A WHITE PERSON WITH $500,000 PROPERTY FILED BEFORE ME AND WITH ME AS MANY TIMES OR MORE
MY ASSETTS TURNED OUT TO BE VIRTUALLY WORTHLESS HIS WORTH CLOSE TO A MILLION DOLLARS
WHY WAS I CHOSEN TO BE THE EXAMPLE? ONLY 3 JACKSON COUNTY FILERS WERE REUESTED TO HAVE THEIR AUTOMATIC STAY LIFTED ALL BLACK AND THE ONLY ONES WHOSE PROPERTIES HAD A SPECIAL ORDER PLACED ON THEM CURTIS JONES, ***** ***** AND SHAMIKA WILLIAMS. ONLY CURTIS JONES WAS PROSECUTED. ONLY THE POOR BLACK HOME OWNERS WERE QUESTIONED WHILE THE WHITE OWNER WITH THE EXPENSIVE HOMES WAS NOT QUESTIONED EVEN THOUGH HE FILED AND WAS DISMISSED ALSO.
I WAS INTRODUCED TO THE CONCEPT OF FILING BANKRUPTCY TO SAVE MY PROPERTIES AND GET MORE TIME TO PAY BY THIS PERSON. I WATCHED HIM YEAR AFTER YEAR DO THE SAME THING WITH NO PROBLEMS; I ALSO WATCHED NUMEROUS OTHERS FILE TO SAVE THEIR PROPERTIES WITH NO CHALLENGE. I ALSO KNOW THEY USED THE TIME AS I DID TO RAISE MONEY TO PAY THEIR TAXES.
I ASSUMED SINCE THERE WAS NO PROBLEM WITH ANY OTHER FILERS THERE WOULD BE NO PROBLEM WITH ME IS THERE A DIFFERENT LAW FOR BLACK CITIZENS THAN WHITES? I WAS TOLD BY SOMEONE FAMILIAR WITH THE FEDERAL SYSTEM THEY HAVE NEVER SEEN A CASE LIKE THIS BEFORE. AS A MATTER OF FACT THIS PERSON KNEW MANY LAWYERS WHO FILED BANKRUPTCY TO DEFER THEIR TAXES. WHY IF NOT FOR A BIASED COUNTY ATTORNEY AM I BEING MADE AN EXAMPLE OF? WHY IS NO ONE QUESTIONING THE CLAIMED LOSSES BY THIS APPARENTYLY BIASED COUNTY ATTORNEY? WHY IF THE BANKRUPTCY CODE SAYS THE TAXES STAY WITH THE PROPERTY THE COUNTY IS ALLOWED TO CLAIM A LOSS? WHY IN THOSE FALSELY CLAIMED LOSSES ARE THEY ALLOWED TO CLAIM THE SAME LOSS IN MULTIPLE YEARS?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I AM IN MISSOURI
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: THE COUNTY TAXES ARE POSTED EVERY YEAR
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I THINK THIS IS A START. THE BASIC QUESTION IS WHETHER THE COUNTY DISCRIMINATED IN THEIR ACTION TO INVESTIGATE PROSECUTE ONLY THE BLACK TAX PAYORS.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If there were multiple individuals all doing the same as you and you were the only one prosecuted the circumstantial evidence was that this was done based only on your race. However, circumstantial evidence alone is very tough to win a case with and you would need more evidence than just the circumstances of you being the only party charged and being a minority. So as you pursue your claim against them, you would need to be looking to uncover additional witnesses and evidence to show that this was done solely on your race, such as documents of other prosecutions or other pleadings to show that the office is singling out only minorities.

This is not a very easy case to succeed in, but if you can uncover that additional evidence you can do so.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.