How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Bradley Your Own Question
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley,
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1059
Experience:  Owner at The Protection Group LLC
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Michael Bradley is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After yet another state review. It found that a State agency

This answer was rated:

After yet another state review. It found that a State agency erroneously calculated the wrong arrearage amoint. In addition they admitted to incorrectly enforced court orders based upon flawed data, which resulted in me getting incarcerated. Finally they instituted a new policy to prevent this from hapening again, Can i sue?

how long were you incarcerated?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Only 8 hrs, but being in law enforcement way too long.They separated me from General pop. The alleged debt was for $1,859.07 and the State presented the flawed evidence which the Magistrate used to determine the sentence.

you can potentially sue but the issue would be damages

8 hours is not a long time

plus they will try to argue sovereign immunity

if you could prove that they intentionally did this that would be different

Michael Bradley and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you