How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My personal propetty was sttollen. I went to local police

Customer Question

My personal propetty was sttollen. I went to local police office. Then, i was assigned to DA'soffice in Montgomery County, PA. I have been waiting and waiting . The other party signed attestation that weres they wered guilty without contest. I am still waiting. January w ill be a year since shee s igned. Everytime i ca ll the ada. He is busy. Away from desk, in court, whatever. I do not want this ada and wiuld like to be reassigned. I was told the ada is my attny aand he represents me. That its my job to.make him do his job. I own a 10,000,000. company and i dontt have time to call this office on a daily basis. How do get this da off of my case and someone else who will care about my case assigned.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: This is not about employment law it is about being a victim of theft and wanting to change my assigned ada to another attny in montgomery county pa. How ca n i dok this????
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes, and the party who stole from me has already signed an agreement saying they were fully responsible and guilty for the crime. Still i am waiting!! Thete is no better thing to have then that signed statement. I am tired of waiting for restitution to begin. She stole my jewelry and personal valuables.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at present.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.


I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Did the defendant take a plea to the charge or is she fighting the case? To whom did the defendant give the attestation?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She signed saying she was 100% guilty for the crime. No plwa bargin and no she is not fighting it. We have her pic at a pawn shop where she is selling my belongings.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I dont have more to add. You should be able to read my message and provide a response. You asked another question and i answered your question.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you thinking about a response?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

Sorry for the delay. You are not my only customer, and I take follow ups in the order that they are received.

I'm still not clear on the attestation. To whom did she give the attestation and with what purpose? Has this case been filed with a court and is she appearing with a lawyer? I understand that you want restittution, but that's part of a sentence and you say there's been no plea. So what exactly is the prosecuting attorney supposed to be doing for you?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.