I've been accused of "abuse" and sent home on administrated…

Customer Question
I've been accused of...

I've been accused of "abuse" and sent home on administrated leave . I'm in healthcare. I lowered the head down on the gurney to help a pt move up because she said she couldn't do it. She immediately began to move and my reflex was to assist her and I reached under her arm and she said I hurt her. I immediately let go and apologize . No xrays were ordered ... I never knew she claimed abuse. The nurse in the room wrote me up for being mean and abusive. Im sure it had a lot to do with the complaint . My question is ... Is this considered slander ? When investion is over and it shows that I was not abusive ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arar

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Today

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/8/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need. I am also happy to continue online.

Unfortunately, no, this is not something which would support a claim of slander. Slander is a statement of fact, which someone makes about another person, knowing the statement is not true. If the patient says they were hurt, it is their own perception of pain that is the subject and it is not really factual.

Now, if they said you did something purposely to hurt them and they knew that was not true then that might support a defamation claim.

Please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Did you have further questions? Please let me know if I have answered your question.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!