How do I cange my address for social security? Alabama

Customer Question
How do I cange...

How do I cange my address for social security?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/8/2017
Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer

Good afternoon. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you today. Do you receive regular social security or SSI/SSDI? Are your checks automatically deposited in a bank account?

I have regular soc.sec. Checks are deposited in bank.
I have regular soc. sec. Checks at deposited in bank.

OK

yes you must change your address with the Social Security Administration (SSA).

You can do it several ways, first by walking into your local Social Security office. You’ll be able to verify the information was recorded properly and ask for a printout that will serve as your proof of the update.

You can also call the SSA to make the address change.

There is also an online option.

This is the easiest approach. Here is the link to the SSA.

www.ssa.gov/myaccount

I hope this clarifies. Please don't forget to rate the question with stars so that I will receive payment for assisting you today.

.