I graduated from an ABA law school with a JD. State of

Customer Question
I graduated from an...

I graduated from an ABA law school with a JD. State of florida has complete their character and fitness investigation and I received my notice of compliance - Florida classify me as a certified legal intern.However, I have not yet passed the bar exam. I am wondering what I am allowed to practice with certified legal intern from the notice of compliance. For instance, could I open an office?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

State of florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I filed a bar application and character and fitness investigation is complete. The state bar issued me notice of compliance

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/8/2017
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Michael Bradley

you are an intern until you pass the bar

in my opinion, no you could not open an office until you pass the bar

admission is 2 parts, get your notice of compliance and pass the bar

you just need the 2nd part and then you can practice and open your office

The passing rate in Florida is 58%. What if the applicant doesn't pass the bar for a long time?

they can not enter the bar until they do

did you take in in July?

Florida is one of the hardest states

they also make it real hard to practice in another state other than Florida, no way to waive in either.

what do people normally do if they cannot pass the bar exam ? Do they practice paralegal?

many keep trying

many try other states with higher pass rates

many never practice and go into the business field

I hate to say but most of my friends no longer practice

some do paralegal

Would I be able to do paralegal with Florida's certified legal intern?

good site for info on paralegal

I would assume that a firm would jump at a law graduate to help as you are more qualified

would you still like to chat about this?