How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roy Hadavi Your Own Question
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi,
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 768
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Rosenstein & Associates
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roy Hadavi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When there is a living will can the executor of the trust

Customer Question

When there is a living will can the executor of the trust charge for their administration on the total trust with property jewelerychina etc.?
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: In Virginia
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: I have the trust/will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My husband is the exceutor of the trust/will he has paid all of his dads bill etc. father is still alive..mother just past...they have already distributed some jewelry. Father is somewhat coherent on full time oxgyen, Greed brother seems to be in the house cruising threw things.. Can executor out a stop to that??
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roy Hadavi replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Expert:  Roy Hadavi replied 1 month ago.

The trustee (you referred to it as the executor) of a trust has broad powers. Those powers are listed in the trust document.

Generally, those powers include the administration of all of the assets of the trust. If it is not in the best interest of the trust to have the brother at the house, then, as the trustee, your father may restrict his access to the property. In addition, the trustee is generally entitled to a reasonable trustees fee, which is paid from the assets of the trust. If the trust does not have any cash assets to pay the trustee, the trustee may liquidate assets in order to be paid.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Expert:  Roy Hadavi replied 1 month ago.

Did you have any follow-up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, please do not forget to rate my services at the top of the page (hopefully 5 stars), otherwise I get no credit for helping you today.