Here is a sample form that you can use as a go-by for your own letter. The law requires you to include at least the following things:
1. The DTPA notice letter must inform the defendant what the claim involves so it should specify what act or ommission you consider to be a DTPA violation.
2. It must state the consumer’s specific complaint in reasonable detail and the amount of economic damages, mental anguish damages, and expenses, including attorney’s fees.
It is recommended that you find a consumer law attorney in your area to draft this for you as the attorney can include his fees for doing so in the demand letter and collect those from the defendant. So, this means a lawyer may be willing to send the letter on a contingency fee basis for you. If you tell me what city you are in, I can try to locate a list of consumer law attorneys for you.
Did this answer your question?
(1) This information is for educational purposes only and it may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction. It is not guaranteed to be correct or complete and you should not act or fail to act based on this information alone. This and all other Just Answer disclaimers also apply to any telephone communications we may have.
(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.
(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating. Thank you for using Just Answer.