I need an attorney to file Deceptive practice document for…

Customer Question
I need an attorney...

I need an attorney to file Deceptive practice document for me

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Its against a foundation company

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/9/2017
Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Attorney replied 8 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Could you tell me a bit more about your situation? What "document" do you need filed? Do you mean a lawsuit? What are the facts of the case?

I am need to send a DTPA to a company that did foundation work on my home. They refused to put my soil back under my home after they placed the piers. They instead put a sump pump that never really worked and they are refusing to take responsibility for the maintenance of the pump. The soil has started to erode which has left my driveway unsupported a with a possibility of collapsing soon as well as other damage to my foundation from rain collecting and making the ground unstable. I have already spent $600 dollars to get this information from an attorney. I wish to get that back too

So to be clear, you need a DTPA demand letter, correct?

I will start with that. I am told that they will have 60 days to comply before we can enter into litigation

And did you have a specific legal question? The purpose of this website is to answer legal questions. We can't represent you, although we can assist in drafting, answer legal questions, etc...

Well can you assist me in writing the draft

I see. I'm sorry that I can't do that, as that would constitute legal drafting and is legal representation in my opinion. I will opt out to allow another expert who might be willing to assist you further.

Thank you.

Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Here is a sample form that you can use as a go-by for your own letter. The law requires you to include at least the following things:

1. The DTPA notice letter must inform the defendant what the claim involves so it should specify what act or ommission you consider to be a DTPA violation.

2. It must state the consumer’s specific complaint in reasonable detail and the amount of economic damages, mental anguish damages, and expenses, including attorney’s fees.

It is recommended that you find a consumer law attorney in your area to draft this for you as the attorney can include his fees for doing so in the demand letter and collect those from the defendant. So, this means a lawyer may be willing to send the letter on a contingency fee basis for you. If you tell me what city you are in, I can try to locate a list of consumer law attorneys for you.

Did this answer your question?

Please Note:

(1) This information is for educational purposes only and it may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction. It is not guaranteed to be correct or complete and you should not act or fail to act based on this information alone. This and all other Just Answer disclaimers also apply to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating. Thank you for using Just Answer.

I am in Richmond, Texas which is near Houston, Texas. So either city

Okay, try this link for leads.

Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney