I just filed for name change with my petition and order

Customer Question
I just filed for...

I just filed for name change with my petition and order forms, but now they are telling me I need to file for a court date and I cannot find any forms on that for Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And to clarify, can you tell me what paperwork has been filed?

Texas I filed Petition and Order for name change

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/8/2017
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question today.

You need to file the petition with the clerk of the District Court in your County.

Your petition form needs to be firstly notarized at a notary public.

AT this stage you need to contact the court coordinator to schedule a time to appear before the court and have the following order signed by the judge:

"NO. _______ § IN THE DISTRICT COURT IN RE § § _________ TH JUDICIAL DISTRICT ________________, An Adult § § OF ____________ COUNTY, TEXAS ORDER GRANTING CHANGE OF NAME OF ADULT On __________, the Court heard the Petition for Change of Name of Adult of _______(name)______________, Petitioner. Petitioner appeared in person and announced ready. The Court finds that it has jurisdiction of the case. The making of a record of testimony was waived with the consent of the Court. The Court finds: 1. Petitioner is an adult. 2. Petitioner’s full true name is ***** ***** Petitioner’s sex is [Male/Female]. 4. Petitioner’s race is ______. 5. Petitioner was born on ______ in ______. 6. Petitioner’s driver’s license numbers of any license issued within the past ten years is: __________________________________. 7. Petitioner’s Social Security number is ***** 8. Petitioner has no FBI number or SID number. 9. No offense has been charged against Petitioner abovethe grade ofclass C misdemeanor. 10. Petitioner has not been finally convicted of a felony and is not subject to the registration requirements of chapter 62 of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure. 11. Petitioner’s change of name is ***** ***** interest or to the benefit of Petitioner and is in the interest of the public. IT IS ORDERED that Petitioner’s name is ***** ***** ___________ to ______. IT IS ORDERED that all relief requested in this case and not expressly granted is denied. SIGNED on ________________________"

Different court have different polices on this final process so you should contact the court coordinator to have the order signed by the judge. The format should be as above.

Please follow up with me if you require any additional assistance.

We are here to help.

In return remember to rate positively today.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

As I'm not an employee of justanswer I rely on your positive feedback to get a credit.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Can that order be copied and pasted onto a word document or does it need to be a specific form found online?
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer