My daughter would like to voluntarily make me the

Customer Question
My daughter would like...

My daughter would like to voluntarily make me the conservator of her finances. She is a 34 year old, very well educated (Doctor of Pharmacy), but she has a very well documented problem with OCD and addiction to shopping. She has seen a psychiatrist for these issues for years. She makes a lot of money but continues to over spend to the point that her car was repossed 6 months ago, she quit paying her student loans and they came after her, her power was recently cut off. I am the only person who can financially help her when she screws up, and it has been thousands of dollars. How difficult will it be to do this, since she wants to do this voluntarily. She is a single parent.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Georgia. The car is 2-3 years old.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Don't know what else to say. I am 64 years old and retired. Something has to be done to help her turn her finances around. She has two children and is a great mother.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/8/2017
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank you for posting your legal question today. Under the circumstances your daughter can execute a financial power of attorney making you her agent and attorney in fact to act on her behalf, the principle.

Conservatorship is a prolonged court process that needs a finding of incapacity and is only appropriate in those cases; otherwise your daughter needs to execute a financial POA.

This should be signed by her , witnessed and notarized for proper legal effect.

Here is the form of a financial power of attorney :

http://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-10/chapter-6/article-7/10-6-142/

We are here to help

Please follow up with me as required where you need more information or clarification.

In return remember to rate positively today.

As I'm not an employee of justanswer I rely on your positive feedback to get a credit.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

So i hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Thank You

Attorney Bill