I want to find out about a Mirapex lawsuit. I gambled over…

Customer Question
I want to find...

I want to find out about a Mirapex lawsuit. I gambled over $500,000

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No never

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was in the hospital twice for suicidal thoughts becsuse I had sold all of my jewelry, maxed out the credit cards

Lawyer's Assistant: I'm sorry if I'm reading you wrong here, but it seems as though you might be considering committing suicide or hurting yourself. Am I right?

No not any more

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/8/2017
Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Attorney replied 8 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but am glad that you found out the cause. Yes, you do potentially have a case, as Mirapex has been scientifically associated with compulsive behavior (particularly gambling) in individuals that have no prior history of that type of behavior. To be able to win such a lawsuit, you're going to need to show a causal, "but for" relationship. That is, if you had never gambled before in your life, or at most only rarely, and that the gambling occurred only after you started taking this, you could have the beginnings of a case.

There is apparently evidence indicating that the manufacturers knew about this side effect but failed to disclose it (and that's the main issue that you can pursue this based on).

That being said, you're going to need to have a lawyer to assist you in this matter. It's nearly impossible to pursue a product liability (medication) lawsuit "pro se" (without an attorney) given the evidence, testimony, pleading standard, as well as the experts needed to testify.

That being said, you need to contact an attorney in your area that deals with defective product / defective drug cases. Go to www.lawyers.com or www.legalmatch.com to find an attorney in your area. You should be able to find one that will give you a free initial consultation and better advise you of your rights, any problems with your case, likelihood of success, how courts are treating cases such as yours in your area, and what you should do next.

You can also do a search online for firms that specialize in Mirapex cases. This is a good idea because they will already have the information and expertise in bringing these cases to the defendant
http://www.yourlawyer.com/topics/overview/mirapex is one such lawfirm, but you can (and should) do a search on the net for other firms that handle these cases and contact a couple of them to see about the strength of your case.

Most of the time these cases are "contingency", in that you won't owe anything if they don't get a recovery. But they are also complex so you would need a lawyer to assist you through them.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

ScottyMacEsq, Attorney