I have a room and board the tenanat signed a letter asking…

Customer Question
I have a room...

I have a room and board the tenanat signed a letter asking to put her meds in a safe place because her room mate keeps staling her meds she had brought a tool box with a lock and placed in her closet and roommate broke into her tool box she ask me to put it away for her no ccl is stating that all tenants must move

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Im not sure i think because this is what was written that im giving care but im not

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes do ccl have a right to come in to my room and board im not linscensed by them

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/8/2017
Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

The home care licensing law applies only to some companies that offer non-medical care services. So, if you are not legally regarded as a Home Care Organization, then you are not mandated to follow the licensing requirement. For example, some of these legally exempt organizations include retirement communities that give continuing care, residential care facilities that assist seniors, hospice agencies, employment agencies, health facilities, and county service providers; so what to say of a landlord-tenant situation which is much more removed than those.

You can apply for a court injunction to stop CCL from harassing you on this front. It can be done by filing a declaratory judgment action against them under this CA law:

California Code of Civil Procedure Sections 1060-1062.5 CHAPTER 8. DECLARATORY RELIEF

Please Note:

(1) This information is for educational purposes only and it may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction. It is not guaranteed to be correct or complete and you should not act or fail to act based on this information alone. This and all other Just Answer disclaimers also apply to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Did this answer your question?

Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney