Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

I got some question in regard of phone recordings in UAE,

Customer Question

Hi... i got some question in regard of phone recordings in UAE
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hi Pearl, recordings was done in Abu DHabi
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet...it was in the office of the customer who owing money for the material, which has been delivered..and we would like to know if will be unveiled this recordings what can be maximum fine or punishment from the party who was recorded
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: for time being,,this is currently question
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need. I am also happy to continue online.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.
Regarding the recording of a phone conversation without consent, which is what I believe you are asking about, Article 378 of Federal Law No.(3) of 1987 of the Penal Code as amended by Federal Law No. 34 of 2005 states that:"A punishment of confinement and fine shall be inflicted on any person who attacks the sanctity of individuals' private or family life by committing any of the following acts in other than the legally permitted cases or without the victim's consent:a: Eavesdropping or recording or transmitting by any system of whatever kind, any conversation held at a particular place or via the phone or any other set.b: Picking up or transmitting by any system of whatever kind, a person's picture at a particular place. If the acts referred to in the above two cases during a meeting within the hearing or sight of the person attending, their consent shall be required.The same punishment shall be inflicted on any person who publishes through any means - news, pictures or comments pertaining to the secrets of people's private or familial lives even if the same is true. A punishment of confinement for a period not exceeding seven years and a fine shall be inflicted on any public officer who commits any of the acts described in this article depending on his functionary authority.In all cases, systems and other tools used in the crime shall be confiscated and the recordings found shall be obliterated or destroyed"In view of the aforesaid provision of law it is assumed that you have not obtained consent from your client to record his telephonic conversations and therefore you may not have the option of using the recorded conversations as evidence in court proceedings.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!