Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I attempted to file a complaint last night but it was

Customer Question

Good evening. I attempted to file a complaint last night but it was rejected due to the fact that the I didn't file it using the proper legal pleading format. I’d like your help to file the complaint with the objective of securing a favorable judgment that I can present to the Oregon Construction Contractor’s Board (CCB) in order to collect from the contractor’s bond. The 1-page, CCB mediated agreement this has been breeched is pretty straight forward if you would like to review itHere is a brief summary of pertinent events:
- March 14, 2017, with the assistance of the Oregon CCB, the plaintiff and the defendant entered into a Construction Contractor’s Board (CCB) Settlement Agreement.
- Five payments of $500 was made by the defendant.
- The sixth and final payment of $13,500 was not made and is delinquent.
- The defendant informed the plaintiff yesterday, September 6th, in the form of a text message, that he does not intend to make the final payment of $13,500.Is this something you can help me with?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Oregon
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Did you use the CCB complaint form?