Is there a law against attempted breaking and entering an…

Customer Question
Is there a law...

Is there a law against attempted breaking and entering an occupied home?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Mississippi

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I have called the police so much I am ashamed to call anymore. I'm disabled and there are several drug attics on my street. They have aggravated me so much. The police tell me I need proof. I have seen them but they won't take my word

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

One just came by my front window a few moments ago but because I can barely walk they were gone by the time I got to the door. But I saw them very plainly when they walked by my front window. I have a good security camera ordered but won't be here until next week

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/7/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 11 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Yes, breaking and entering is a crime. If a person tries to break into you home and does not succeed but you have them on camera or if the police catch them in the act, they can be arrested and charged by the State. If you saw the person and can identify them, the police should be able to make an arrest ,if you cooperate. If anything, they should speak with the person and investigate this, since you saw them and could describe them, so that should be enough evidence, along with the act that you describe should give them a basis to arrest and charge. If the police refuse, you can contact the department and ask to speak with a Supervisor about this.