Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Experience:  29 Years In General Practice,
68197583

Lawyer, I am handicapped. Copd. On 1/27/ 17, I parked in a

Customer Question

Hi lawyer ,
I am handicapped. Copd. On 1/27/ 17 , I parked in a handicapped space in front on my church where I volunteer at 8:00 am. I was the day of the women's march. I did not see any no parking, tow signs placed on sign pole. I was directed to park there by SLO police offi er. My car, with handicapped plates and blue placard was towed 36-minutes later. When I returned , my car was gone. No officer was in sight. I have pictures documenting this. I sub mitted a claim and it was rejected. I sued in small claims court. My trial is on Friday.
What statues or laws exist that would make this towing illegal? The officer noted many oxygen tanks in the back of my car.
Please respond asap.
Thanks,
Doug
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 month ago.

Did you park in a spot in the church parking lot or the street? In other words was this private property or public property?

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 month ago.

This is the section of the law that applies for your hearing

Title 10
VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC

Chapter 10.36
STOPPING, STANDING AND PARKING FOR CERTAIN PURPOSES OR IN CERTAIN PLACES

and

Chapter 10.40
STOPPING, STANDING OR PARKING RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED IN CERTAIN AREAS

http://www.codepublishing.com/CA/SanLuisObispo/#!/SanLuisObispo10/SanLuisObispo1040.html#10.40

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 month ago.
Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund. Thank you for your consideration