I have worked on this tile job at Nordstroms on phase 3 and…

Customer Question
I have worked on...

I have worked on this tile job at Nordstroms on phase 3 and 4.. they were both tarped off so no one could see us. I am a Tile installer. On phase 4 we were in a area with a main office where woman were coming out with high heels on and nothing was said. Today,because we do not have a barrier up,the Project manager threw me off the job because I did not have my hair in a pony tail..Now there is a guy with dreads that does have his hair semi pulled back but dreads are hanging in his face... Ladies working in the same area do not have their hair pulled back but are setting displays during the construction. My hair is held back with sunglasses to keep it out of my face..it is only shoulder length... I lost money today and not allowed back on the job unless my hair is pulled into a pony tail. I do not work with food... I do not work with power tools.. I am just dropping tiles on a floor!

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Part time ..just for this job. The contractor I am working for is from NY He is just a sub

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I feel I am being discriminated by Nordstroms and the GC

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Attorney replied 8 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Do you think that you're being targeted because of your race, age, religion, gender, or disability?

Are you there?

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. Once you respond to my follow up question, I will respond as soon as I can. Please note that I may be assisting other customers or otherwise out of the office (depending when you respond). Thank you.

Did you wish to continue with this question? Please let me know, because if not, I can request to have it close

Tina, Lawyer