I was wondering in the state of Illinois how do I have to…

Customer Question
I was wondering in...

I was wondering in the state of Illinois how long do I have to file a case for an unpaid loan of $2500?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/7/2017
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 8 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

That depends...was there a written contract regarding this loan? Or was it verbal?

It was verbal. The check that was cashed has a description of being a loan

Thanks

5 years. The statute of limitations to enforce a verbal contract in IL is 5 years. So you can sue for up to 5 years from when the loan contract was first breached

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Attorney