Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a question about a pending arbitration hearing,

Customer Question

I have a question about a pending arbitration hearing
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The hearing is in 4 days. Are you an attorney?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I didn't have a say in the arbitrator and missed the deadlines to submit evidence.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LegalPro54 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** yes I am an attorney. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Why did you miss the deadlines for evidence submission? Also, what specifically is your question?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there a way to stay the arbitration hearing?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The hearing is in four days.

You can certainly request a continuance. Arbitrators have a lot more discretion than trial court judges when it comes to things like this. It would be helpful, though, to first reach out to the other side and try to get them to agree. The arbitrator may require some sort of cancellation fee to cancel, and it would help even more if you offered to cover the entire cost of the cancellation fee. If you have any good reasons for not having prepared and been ready for the current hearing date, you would want to let the other side know, as well as the arbitrator.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....