Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi,
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Rosenstein & Associates
99622407

If my father died and and did not leave me in his will, then

Customer Question

if my father died and and did not leave me in his will, then I am contacted that his second cousin passed without a will and I am an heir will I still receive a share of the second cousins estate
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: i was contacted by the District clerks office and told because my died died after 120 hours of the second cousin I am an heir, but not listed in my dad's will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: like what are you suggesting
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Roy Hadavi replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

To clarify: you are not a beneficiary on your father's will, but you are a beneficiary under your second-cousin's will?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My dad's second cousin, and am told because my dad has passed that i am an heir
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the second cousin left no will

If an individual dies intestate (without a will), Texas Probate Code determines the beneficiaries of the individual's estate. If a second individual (Person B) passes away within a certain period of time after the first individual (Person A), then Person A's estate passes over Person B's estate for purposes of intestacy law. Therefore, depending on the familial circumstances, you may be a beneficiary of the second cousin's estate.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Did you have any follow-up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, please do not forget to rate my services at the top of the page (hopefully 5 stars), otherwise I get no credit for helping you today.