Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I paid off a title loan and purchased the vehicle the title

Customer Question

hi I paid off a title loan and purchased the vehicle the title co released the lien and gave me the title and then went back and applied for a replacement title that has the lien on it because their customer disputed a 226 dollar payment that was made so no I have the vehicle but the lien is still showing they have a lien on it but I have the vehicle and I have the title that they released the lien on so what can I do I need to sell the vehicle
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Alabama its a 06
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: like what do you mean
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Van replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I think I can assist you with the matter. When you paid off the title loan and purchased the car, did the title loan company sign the lien release section of your application for a new title?