I applied and received a tsa # for security check at

Customer Question
I applied and received...

I applied and received a tsa # for security check at airports. I registered it with Southwest on my last trip, but it cannot be found. Any help?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

In Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not to my knowledge

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. I just needto know the # for a flight Saturday

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/7/2017
Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer

Good afternoon.

The TSA application can take up to 3 months to process, and schedule an interview. You don't need a lawyer to intervene in the process to speed up the application.

At this point the way you can check the status of your application from your GOES home page https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/main/goes, which is displayed after you login.

If your application status is "Pending Review" then your application has been received and is being processed. If you don't have a GOES account you must create one.

Processing times vary depending on location and what you applied for, if it was Global Entry and FAST within it is 2-3 months, weeks, and SENTRI and NEXUS 3-5 months.

Remember, due to heightened security, the vetting and application process cannot be expedited in any manner.

After the application has been reviewed, the status will be updated to either "Conditionally Approved" or "Denied" and a letter will be posted in your GOES account with additional information.

If conditionally approved, you will receive a notification to schedule your interview. It is important that you follow the directions in that notification and within 120 days of becoming Conditionally Approved, schedule your interview appointment at an Enrollment Center. Failure to schedule an interview in that timeframe will cancel your application and you will have to resubmit.

Some enrollment Centers have a longer wait tan the 2-3 months for an interview, and Availability is displayed through your GOES account upon conditional approval.

Since you have immediate travel plans, within the next few days, the only way to speed up the interview is to set up a walk in appointment with a local center. To see where the centers are located see the link below.

Global Entry Enrollment Centers: http://www.cbp.gov/global-entry/enrollment-centers

NEXUS Enrollment Centers: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/nexus/enrollment-centers

SENTRI Enrollment Centers: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/sentri/enrollment-centers

FAST Enrollment Centers: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/fast/enrollment-centers

I hope this clarifies. Please don't forget to rate the question with stars so that I will receive credit and payment for assisting you with your question.