LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

If I need a hardship withdraw and submitted a notice of

Customer Question

If I need a hardship withdraw and submitted a notice of eviction, is my employer suppose to call my landlord?
JA: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My name is ***** ***** my husband lost his job, I need to pay my rent which is 3 mins late. I signed withdrawal papers, with the notice and gave to my employer this morning and i just found out that my employer is calling my landlord. Can that be done?
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

The IRS has said that “the plan administrator must have enough information to adjudicate the claim,” which means sufficient documentation to make an informed decision, before instructing the plan trustee to release the funds. The eviction notice on its face, should be sufficient and speak with itself BUT your employer can verify this, to make sure it was not typed up by a third party, with the intent to mislead anyone. They may be calling just to verify it, if they have concerns or want to be over cautious.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!